The LRI School in Kalanki is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, parents, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment. Every pupil should feel safe and protected from any form of abuse which, in this policy, means any kind of neglect, non-accidental physical injury, sexual exploitation or emotional ill-treatment.
The School will take all reasonable measures to:
• ensure that all safer recruitment is practiced by thoroughly checking the suitability of staff and volunteers (including staff employed by another organization) to work with children and young people. All international staff must provide an International Child Protection Certificate,
• protect each pupil from any form of abuse, whether from an adult or another pupil.
• be alert to signs of abuse both in the School and from outside.
• deal appropriately with every suspicion or complaint of abuse.
• design and operate procedures which promote this policy.
• design and operate procedures which, so far as possible, ensure that teachers and others who are innocent are not prejudiced by false allegations. • support children who have been abused.
• be alert to the medical needs of children with medical conditions.
• operate robust and sensible health & safety procedures.
• take all practicable steps to ensure that School premises are as secure as circumstances permit.
• operate clear and supportive policies on drugs, alcohol and substance misuse.
• consider and develop procedures to deal with any other safeguarding issues which may be specific to individual children in our school or in our local area.
Every complaint or suspicion of abuse from within or outside the School will be investigated by the school.