LRI School offers Basic Level Education for grades 1 to 8, providing a fundamental academic foundation for children aged 5 to 11 (depending on the students). This primary level of formal education focuses on equipping students with essential skills and knowledge vital for their future educational journey and overall development.
Our curriculum for basic level education covers a wide array of subjects, including:
- Literacy and language arts: Students learn reading, writing, and language skills, mastering their native language and often delving into a second language.
- Mathematics: Basic mathematical concepts like counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division are taught, along with geometry, measurement, and problem-solving skills.
- Science: Students explore fundamental scientific concepts, including the names of animals, plants, body parts, the five senses, weather, and environmental awareness.
- Social studies: History, geography, and social sciences form an integral part of the curriculum, delving into the history of their country, diverse cultures, and societal structures.
- Physical education: Engaging in sports, games, and exercises to enhance physical fitness, coordination, and motor skills.
- Art and music: Students explore various art forms like painting, drawing, and sculpture, and may also learn to play musical instruments or sing.
At LRI School, our approach to teaching is tailored to individual learning styles. We utilize diverse methods, including teacher-centered instruction, project-based learning, inquiry-based learning, and Montessori methods, catering to the unique needs of our students. Additionally, we provide opportunities for extracurricular activities and clubs, such as sports teams, music programs, and debate clubs, enriching the overall learning experience.
Beyond classroom learning, our students actively participate in enriching activities such as field trips and community service, enhancing their educational journey outside the classroom.
We encourage parents to thoroughly research and visit different basic level schools. By doing so, they can make an informed decision, ensuring that their child finds the best fit at LRI School, aligning with their educational needs and learning style.